Sunday, October 25, 2009

Supplements I Like

The world is chock full of all types of supplements. Some supplements, just flat out, don’t work.

Over the years, I have tried a few supplements. Today, I will share with you a list of supplements that I currently use. These supplements work and can have incred

Multivitamin
Although exercise is good for your health, it can place a toll on the body at the cellular level. Even if you eat a tremendous diet comprised of nutritious whole foods, you are likely to be lacking in vitamins and minerals. A multivitamin is a must to fill in any gaps. Not to mention, multivitamins contain antioxidants which fight free radicals.

Essential Fatty Acids
Essential Fatty Acids are found in fish, flaxseed, olive oil, and safflower (to name a few). The benefits include better circulation and inflammation reduction. In some cases, EFAs can aid in fat reduction.

Protein Powder
Muscles need protein. If you are trying to put on more muscle, then you need 1.5 grams for each pound of bodyweight. When you are dieting, it is important to keep a sufficient supply of protein in your body in order to prevent muscle breakdown.

Freeze Dried Fruit & Veggie Extract
I eat several servings of fruits and veggies per day, but I still like to add this to my supplement list. This supplement is natural and comes from all the “Superfood” groups that are powerful in fighting illness, ageing and cellular stress.

Creatine
Creatine is fairly commonplace among athletes today. It makes a difference in my strength training. It is cheap and is fairly easy to incorporate into your daily nutrition.

Beta-Alanine
This amino acid helps in keeping your muscle stamina alive when lifting heavy weights. One thing that I love about this amino acid is that I can feel it going to work.

Glucosamine /Chondroitin Sulfate
Many studies have been conducted on this supplement, all of which are very positive and compelling. This supplement helps rebuild joint cartilage. From my own experience, I notice the difference when I work out my legs.

Phosphatidylserine (PS)
Soy-PS, in a dose dependent manner (400 mg), has been reported to be an effective supplement for combating exercise-induced stress by blunting the exercise-induced increase in cortisol levels. Cortisol is the enemy.

Resveratrol Anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, blood-sugar-lowering and other beneficial cardiovascular effects of resveratrol have been reported. This is rather new to my list; it has very compelling research to back it up. Time will tell whether it stays there or not…

No comments:

Post a Comment